What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

aerox tank hydro test

lawrence

Well Known Member
according to aerox: my aluminum oxygen tank needs a "hydro test" every 5 years. is every body having this done? any trouble getting your tank refilled if "out of date"?............thanks.....

Get it done

I use to do a lot of scuba diving and dive tanks have to be hydro'd every 5 years. Most dive shops would not fill tanks unless they had an annual visual inspection (VIP) and were "in hydro".

This is a safety thing, both for the folks filling the tank, and for YOU.

Dont skip it.

Fire extinguisher service companies are a good source for hydro work, also welding supply stores.

Also, if you have a composite tank, aluminum with an epoxy/filament wrap, most of these have a finite service life.

Mike

lawrence said:
according to aerox: my aluminum oxygen tank needs a "hydro test" every 5 years. is every body having this done? any trouble getting your tank refilled if "out of date"?............thanks.....
It is a DOT requirement. NO ONE will fill a tank that is out of its 5 year cycle. I had mine done at a scuba shop. Typically the scuba shop is less expensive than taking it to an FBO.

Gary

Back