What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Carpet Templates

Cbull

If you are going to do your own carpet here is an easy way to turn all those complicated angles of the floor of your RV into a flat template. I will admit, the idea came from watching my granite countertop subs. No wall is ever perfectly square.

1. Cut a bunch of ~2" strips of cardboard, or something stiff
2. Place in areas and glue together with a hot glue gun
3. Place alignment marks and note where each goes.

Took about 20 min to get all glued. Didn't do everything, but you get the idea. That's it. See pics

Cory Bull

carpet_temp_01.JPG

carpet_temp_02.JPG

carpet_temp_03.JPG

Nice job Cory but perhaps an even easier way that I have done is use a stack of manila folders. I rough cut pieces with scissors and place the straight edges against the joints using blue painter's tape to tape the sections together. Place over your carpet and cut with a razor knife using a hard straight edge.

Very cool idea. Do you know if carpeting stores typically can do edge binding?

Ray,
They either do edging in-house, or will send it out. You can also do it yourself with pre-fab edging and a hot glue gun. If you want to see what the amateur job looks like, stop by 311 sometime.
Bob

Cory,
I live in New Braunfels and am building an RV10. I'd like to drive up to see your project and pick your brain sometime.

Sent you a PM with contact information if you're willing to show me your project.

Back