What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oregon experience

Lucio I-NLCM

Hello;
I'll be in Oregon (for RV transition training) from August 15th until 27th.
My goal will be fly learn , fly learn, fly learn... as much possible to became "ready" .
After Mike lessons (in first) , I would be happy to meet some builder/flyer community around there and, why not, have a fly experience and spending nice time .... maybe punching rivets also, if someone needs :)

LC

Oregon

Oregon welcomes you! Give us a ring if you want to see some sites or get a cup of good coffee. I know the best espresso machiado in town!

Hello from Eugene

I will PM you my telephone and email address.

I am at KEUG in Eugene with an RV7 and there are many RV's here on the field. We would be delighted to give you a ride and tours. Synergy Air where the RV12's are assembled is here, and you can see John Stahr's beuatifully painted American Angel RV8.

Also if you need a place to stay, we have room.

Leaving in the morning for two days with Mike in the RV-14A (Wed. and Thursday). Hopefully the rain will stop out there for at least two days.

I will PM you my telephone and email address.

I am at KEUG in Eugene with an RV7 and there are many RV's here on the field. We would be delighted to give you a ride and tours. Synergy Air where the RV12's are assembled is here, and you can see John Stahr's beuatifully painted American Angel RV8.

Also if you need a place to stay, we have room.

Steve, thank you so much , I'll take advantage for your availability :eek:, PM reply sent.;)

thank you Kent, I feel I'll like Oregon :)

I am based out of 7S3, Twin Oaks, home of EAA 105. A stones throw from Mikes place in Vernonia. My -7A is not flying, but there are several RV's hangered at 7S3.

KWL

Last edited:
Come early for the Independence Fly-In & Van's Homecoming at 7S5 on the 12th - 14th. Lots of RV's on the field. Hangar tours on Friday. Speakers on Saturday. Good food. See http://www.eaa292.org/2016-independence-fly-in/ for more information

I'm sorry Curt, but I'll arrive at Portland the 14th in late afternoon.
Thank you for the invite.
I consider to come there as soon as having extra time , I'm interested to see hanger full of RV and.
I hope See you and other RV builders/owners .
Ciao:eek:

I'm also at 7S3 (Twin Oaks, south of Hillsboro) and building a -8A on the field in Hangar G-2. We also have two Teen Flight RV-12s there and a few more on the field, plus some 6's, 4's, 9's 7's and probably others I can't think of.

And of course if you have not done the Vans factory tour before, well that's just mandatory. :)

Emotional travel

Hi guys
Tomorrow morning early , very early in Italy , will start the travel, I'll be at Portland (Vernonia) in afternoon and be free until Wednesday .
.... Hoping meet some of you
Nice homecoming 2016 at all
See you

Saturday 20th

I'm also at 7S3 (Twin Oaks, south of Hillsboro) and building a -8A on the field in Hangar G-2. We also have two Teen Flight RV-12s there and a few more on the field, plus some 6's, 4's, 9's 7's and probably others I can't think of.

And of course if you have not done the Vans factory tour before, well that's just mandatory. :)

Greg check PM:)

LC

little update

PDX waiting boarding to back home :(

Just to say at all guys that I met in those two weeks, thanks a lot for your warm and availability, the time spent with you , whether it is in fly or face a steak dinner, was priceless.
The training went well , interesting and absolutely mandatory for me that I flew just planes like C172.
as soon as possible I'll post some pic and hope, news for the first fly. :eek:

Thank you again Beautiful Oregon :):)

It was great to meet you Lucio, and glad your Oregon experience was a great one! Best of luck on your test flying. Looking forward to seeing all the details and pictures here!

Unger mythic DC3

Thanks Greg for the pic , you know how much I love that plan eh?:)

Please leave few more days to full update this thread, I haven't yet placed the pic on web so....

Wednesday I'll move the assembled kit to the airport, if all goes well , the plan is to switch the kit in a plane (after first landing) soon.

Let's keep in touch...;)

Back