What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Expected Routing into KISM IFR?

Todd,
I have not flown IFR into Kissimmee but do fly into KSFB from down the East coast on a regular basis. I can tell you they like an approach into the MCO class B from a gate to the East. They will always re-route me over OMN and at even altitudes. They use CORLL One arrival for me. For KISM I believe they will use BITHO One. They will probably not tell you they are putting you on the arrival but it will involve the same OMN, fixes and Low altitude. They will want you low after OMN. Count on using V3 or V437 traveling South. As a single engine I will usually decline V437 but will take V1-V3.
Have a good time at Disney.

Mark perfect! This trip is part vacation (the usual suspects) and part family business-- my eldest is starting school in late Aug in Orlando. Her and my wife are driving down the week prior to start apartment hunting. I'm flying down the rest to assist the move and to have one last family vacation.

For most of us locals the South side of town is not preferred. Too many tourist.
If she is going to UCF you will want to consider KORL in the future. Enjoy!

She's going to Full Sail University in Winter Park so ORL will definitely be the airport of choice -- it's only about 5 miles from the campus.

I would just file direct and let them do what they want. Put "No Stars" on your flight plan and they will either vector you or give you a few waypoints once you get close. They really don't care until you are close. I fly past that area all the time and they do something different every time.

I would just file direct and let them do what they want. Put "No Stars" on your flight plan and they will either vector you or give you a few waypoints once you get close. They really don't care until you are close. I fly past that area all the time and they do something different every time.

That's pretty much what I normally do. However, going into busy airspace for the first time I like to try and get some intell on what to expect for flow.

This is nothing like the New York area. I just flew through there last week and it was like nothing I have ever expedited before. Florida is a cakewalk compared to that. If you just file to OCF then direct it will keep you to the west side of the class B and out of the restricted areas northeast of Ocala.

probably get vectored to the west around the puffies and disney. :)
i like ISM better than ORL.
D3F5C7C1-9448-4F37-BF8B-8A6D56D750F3.jpg

Back