What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AFS/DYNON ADSB no weather info

Larco

Well Known Member
Has anyone experienced a great working traffic display with weather not working at all using a Dynon ADSB in box with an AFS 5000 series? I must have something set up incorrectly. On the about page it shows a good traffic count but TIS-B count is 0 and metars count is 0. This is while flying as well as on the ground. Larry

TIS?

If it's showing TisB then the ADSB is not working correctly and there could be a number of reasons.

• first, are you sure it is wired correctly to a serial port and configured correctly?
  • If so it should show ADSB on the screen it is wired to on the ground with NO RADAR
  • check the map page and make sure you have the weather enabled
  • the ADSB box has a red light on it when power is applied that you can check on the ground
Check that you have the transponder information inputted on both screens on the CAL menu. You will need your Modes S code from the FAA website which can be found with your registration info.

You can call me if you have any questions and I will see if I can help.

Vic

Hi Vic, Just rechecked the serial port wiring, it is correct to port 3 of the second EFIS. Port 3 is asigned to AFS 74112 ADSB and is enabled
It does show ADSB on no radar and ok, BTW the traffic function works great.

I will look at the map page to see if weather is enabled. Not sure where to look but tomorrow will give it a go.

Thanks Vic. Larry

Back