PDA

View Full Version : Avare and ADS-B RTL2832 software receiver

Gary1818
04-04-2016, 07:13 AM
Anyone aware it running with metars and weather graphics for Avare yet?
I hear the aircraft detection part is working.
Any info on it and it's availability appreciated. I gave not yet bought a Adsb Dual x170 yet,should I?

Tomcat RV4
04-04-2016, 08:16 AM
go ahead and download AVARE from google playstore....FREE and amazing amount of info....works on any Android device...phone (hard to read) or better tablet....Tom

moosepileit
04-04-2016, 09:32 AM
Stratux type parts? Avare should work!

I use a Dualgps170 with USB cable into my GRT EFIS through a powered usb hub. I also, at the same time, run Avare on my droid from the bluetooth out of the GPS170.

The Dual was $479 at Oshkosh 2014. It is "only" 978 not 1090. It is great for Wx, but I do not trust it for traffic. But, I trust nothing but eyes for traffic. I have flown high speed non-electric and gliders and learned better. It is a nice aid.

tommylewis
04-04-2016, 09:50 AM
I use Avare on a first gen Nexus 7 with a Pathfinder ADSB in receiver. The Avare app has had great improvements made over the last year so that it is a first rate app with weather, including colored green or red balls at airports, and traffic shows up with a + or - altitude. This is a real solution that really works and is low cost.

SHIPCHIEF
04-04-2016, 10:31 AM
I assembled a Stratux from bits & pieces, following Cy Young's web page.
http://stratux.me/
It works great on my wife's iPad, but I've not been able to get it to work on my 2013 Nexus 7 with Avare. I have downloaded the Avare I/O app, which shows port 43211 and I get a brief data note in the field at the bottom before I open Avare. I'm probably missing something, although others have mentioned difficulty getting Avare to recognize Stratux at first. Once going they report good results.
If someone here has a tip, please chime in.
I have been very satisfied with a 7" tablet on a knee board for tandem RVs.
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/pspages/navdatakb170.php
Getting WiFi data to it means NO CABLES which reduces cockpit clutter.