What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brits Testing non-certified GPS for ADS-B

petehowell

Well Known Member
Interesting that across the pond, they are looking for reasonable solutions to add safety, and that the non-certified position solutions tested performed as well, and in some cases, better than the spendy position solutions. (If I am misreading this, let me know)

We, in contrast, turn off traffic to to NPE's to enhance "safety" and drive compliance. (I'll admit I don't have all the details here, but some acronym organizations seem to agree)

Just sayin'.........

Linky here

Interesting that across the pond, they are looking for reasonable solutions to add safety, and that the non-certified position solutions tested performed as well, and in some cases, better than the spendy position solutions. (If I am misreading this, let me know)

We, in contrast, turn off traffic to to NPE's to enhance "safety" and drive compliance. (I'll admit I don't have all the details here, but some acronym organizations seem to agree)

Just sayin'.........

Linky here

Isn't that made easier in the EU since all planes already have a Mode S transponder installed by dictate?

GPS vs Squitter/UAT

Gil, you are correct that everyone needs a transmitter(1090 or UAT), but a chunk of the cost is needing spend 100's or 1000's more for a GPS that is deemed better than one you might have already.

Here are the configs they tested: (Gotta get me a Funkwerk!!!)

V5mpBdA5OstE1GaMQ1JtEt4VkcVamMxyPYY3-9DHwoMr7wHUFh_wSu_DuQ7vr5of7Q_KsD6wGlqhhNPOwP9YxgAhjbmXyyiRLV4Jva5SNHk3TghQFaIPnlNoQk0WA-9vpKXuOnIYGOIceHKXuzRwAyx6Hj3t7rM9-Rmc5KF0TD20mzY3Umqjxk5lq7ScN0YScKK0KG6_l_cxnmyoh0MQpa9X2ZwPUnYYkS5a7UHm2RLW4_KtTiT3u_h4bZubJQyjJIWyw1r98PDRVR8iA7k4pVGh_38IcfPJ2vQtPyHfnSXfC4TlUHQJedEkNeBz0r9BYdRVnGJiVoURja7H8eBOP36ZvPAji5COJWvK-pNERIr6qfgvsg_qVnR23iQbDbz0jbMtjbpp7Px8tTYKHAiYdQFfwrUxKKnENlvKhpACOZONUZsKQj14WwD36Sk5FM-4Bf3V4Y3wWrAGCwtntledB1R6zqeo00ibqfv09Bhuo6Hg1VDBeghhjLMA-xwb7dY5oyTvojwYuxDatEdwThCHNTD5phrODRIJDxSUo5WXgC4wxbQY6r0-wK_ZvVvDnxRSkTGfTw=w552-h516-no

Back