What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ADS-B Program Manager at FlightAware (Houston)

N546RV

Well Known Member
It started out small, but our ADS-B ground station network is growing by leaps and bounds. We've gone from manufacturing receivers in-house to partnering with an outside firm to meet the incredible demand around the world. At the same time, it's reached the point where we need a dedicated person to manage the program.

Full job description

FlightAware isn't your run-of-the-mill office job either. Lunch is delivered to the office every day, from a variety of local restaurants. You still pay, but it's deducted from your paycheck, and your involvement is limited to placing an order online. When you're not eating lunch, help yourself to ridiculous quantities of free snacks and drinks (my waistline will attest to this). Oh, and there's a rotating selection of beer on tap in the kitchen.

Perhaps most importantly, you'll no longer be that weird pilot guy at work, since lots of us fly. (Instead, you'll join me as that weird guy who's building his own plane...)

I'm not directly involved in the hiring for the position, so I can't clarify much on the job itself, but I'm happy to answer any questions about working for FlightAware in general. Spoiler alert: I love it here.

Back