What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ground adjustable rudder pedals

kens_cockpit

Well Known Member
I have a problem with the ground adjustable rudder pedal installation.

The plans call for a distance of 15 1/4" between the outside edges of the aluminium angle that attaches to the floor. I can only achieve about 15 3/8" with the rudder axles I have got. Vans say that is adequate.

But now the holes in the angles at the corners of the assembly are sitting right next to or directly over rivets already placed in the angle next to the firewall and the F802 bulkhead near the landing gear.

I can't move the holes in the rudder pedal assembly angles enough to create the proper rivet spacing without losing edge distance on those angles.

Any thought s on fixing this. I have some photos I can email if you have any ideas.

Thanks

Ken Stanton
QB 8

Hi Ken,
I went through this not too long ago on my QB8. I ended up drilling out the rivets that were under the angles and putting in the called for pop rivets. Took a little time to get the holes lined up right, but all came out ok. Also note that there is a typo on the plans where they call for a BSPQ-5-6 rivet on one end. It is supposed to be a -4 just like the other end.
Cheers,
Chuck

Thanks for that. I'll spend a bit more time fiddling and looking and thinking and see if I can match things up.

Ken

Back