What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Midwest IR Examiner in RV?

CJones

I'm New Here
Hey folks..

I've done ~98% of my IR training this fall in the RV-7A. Now I'm to the point that I'm looking for a DE willing to do the checkride in our plane. I'm in central Iowa (Ames/Boone/DesMoines) but obviously I'm open to travelling a bit to get to a DE comfortable with RV's (sounds like a good way to justify a XC in the bird. ;) ).

Anybody have any experience with DE's that they would reccomend for the task? If not, I'll just go through the FAA's list and beg and plead if necessary.

Thanks for info..
Chris Jones
Builder Helper/'Always willing' pilot
RV-7A N277DL

Bill Gross in Salina, KS did my IR in my RV9E. No problem with the experimental nature of the plane or the engine. He is the head of the aviation department at KSU-Salina.

Nathan Larson
N217JT RV9E

Phone up Tom Olson in Cedar Rapids Iowa. He did the IR in his 6A. He took the check ride from an examiner on the east side of iowa. His examiner seemed to understand the nature of the RV series of planes a little better than most. I would post his phone number but think it better if you search it out yourself. Or email me at [email protected] and i will give it to you. He can also tell you some interesting tales of flying instrument in actual condidions after he got his rating.

steve ciha

Back