What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hangar near N Ft Worth

RV4er

Well Known Member
Does anyone know of a grass field close to north Ft. Worth that rents hangars or Tee hangars. I was hoping to end up at 52F; however, it appears that there is no enclosed hangar space available and the tee hangars are accessed by a gravel taxi way. The gravel would be a killer on a wood prop. Any suggestions?

N Fort Worth Hangar

Does it have to be grass? There are a lot of hangars at Hicks with room for an RV4 and we have a new surface on our 3700'+ runway. I know of one RV hangar that has the owner's 6A, an 8A, and a 4 but I'm not sure if he's going to rent out another spot.
In any case, you need to come out and check out Hicks. We have a very large RV community with Jay Pratt's RV Central turning out new ones and there are several others in the works in private hangars. We have everything except a 3 and a 9/9A.

Gravel not the killer, Pilot is.

Gravel is NOT a killer on wood props. I've operated for many years with wood props on gravel taxiways and runways. It's all pilot technique. You just don't go full power when the airplane is sitting still.

Back