What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Eggenfellner inflight data

I searched for a thread that would give me this however... either I cannot enter it correctly or, well i can't enter it correctly because i know this has been touched on before.

Can anyone give me some "real world" inflight data on the bird, egg (4 or 6) 7 or 7a, Prop. Showing TAS/ALT, RPM.

I know The Egg website has this but i'd like to know what you good people are really getting. I'm fairly certain i'd like to get an egg based on all the other characteristics of the subie conversion. But i'm itchin to know :D

again thanks,

Brad

Lousy

Brad,
I have a friend with a beautiful 7A, less than a year old and he can't get over 164 MPH even at 34" MP!! :eek: and at 7500 feet. The airplane is clean with all the fairngs and paint and it's not heavy. He's running the 4 cyl motor, with a three bladed constant speed prop but it's a slug. Our 6A is almost 40 MPH faster at 75% and 7500' WOT. Solo I manage 204 MPH.

I think that between low horsepower and tremendous cooling drag from the front-mounted radiators, it's all he's gonna get.......a shame.
Regards,

Brad,
There is a ton of "real world" inflight data published in the 3rd issue of The RVator, this year.
This is a report on George Adkins RV-9A as compiled at Van's, and is applicable to the 6,7, or 8, with a little interpolation.
dd

Last edited:
Back