What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

11/4 Lunch Fly-Out (Saturday & NASCAR conflict)

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
Shooting for Stephenville for Hard Eight BBQ at 1100 on the ramp KSEP. NASCAR is in town (Busch race Saturday and big one Sunday) - verified by my Mom :) .

TFR around the track in effect.

See you at the Hard Eight BBQ (centered in this sat view) if you can make it.

Krash

Last edited:
DeltaRomeo said:
Shooting for Stephenville for Hard Eight BBQ at 1100 on the ramp KSEP. NASCAR is in town (Busch race Saturday and big one Sunday) - verified by my Mom :) .
Shocked, I am shocked that she would know ;)

Flew by yesterday when there was practice going on and it was packed.
DeltaRomeo said:
TFR around the track in effect.

See you at the Hard Eight BBQ (centered in this sat view) if you can make it.

Krash
Don't forget that the GHWB TFR goes into effect late today.

Will try and make it. My father is here getting some stick time.

Saw your planes on the ramp, but didn't see any of the pilots. I was in the F19 Taylorcraft parked next to Borrowed Horse. We landed at 11:50am. We looked for you guys at the Hard 8 but couln't find anyone. After eating, we saw everyone taking off as we were leaving the restaurant.

Hi Craig!

Saw the Taylorcraft, sorry we didn't hook up. We ate outside in the screened in patio at the Hard 8. I ate way, way too much <g>. They had Dr.Pepper from the fountain that was from Dublin, TX (with pure cane Imperial Sugar). I grew up drinking it out of the bottle this way, but it's been a LONG time since I've had it from a fountain with the 'pure stuff'. Being a Waco boy (the birthplace of Dr.Pepper) I'm fairly fond of it.

fmi: http://www.dublindrpepper.com/
The Dublin Dr Pepper Bottling Company is the only Dr Pepper bottler that has always used pure cane sugar to sweeten the drink.

Hopefully we'll hook up next time.

b,
d

Last edited:
Doug,
Maybe we should plan a VAF fly-in to Dublin. They do tours of the Dr. Pepper factory and have a soda shop inside. Just call the Dublin Police from the field and they'll ferry you to the plant. The DFW pilots group I'm a member of did it a few years ago.

CraigH@KRPH said:
Doug,
Maybe we should plan a VAF fly-in to Dublin. They do tours of the Dr. Pepper factory and have a soda shop inside. Just call the Dublin Police from the field and they'll ferry you to the plant. The DFW pilots group I'm a member of did it a few years ago.
Sweet (pardon the pun)! Missed Hard 8, we were doing maintenance.

Back