What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Intercoms

ww2planes

Well Known Member
Does anyone have any experience with the NAT AA80 Intercom? The units are expensive and certified but I am wondering just how well they perform. I know that the PS units are super but I have a chance at the NAT but don't want to sacrafice anything as far as good sound.

ww2planes said:
Does anyone have any experience with the NAT AA80 Intercom? The units are expensive and certified but I am wondering just how well they perform. I know that the PS units are super but I have a chance at the NAT but don't want to sacrafice anything as far as good sound.

NAT makes some really nice stuff and is top notch. That being said, even though the units are nice, the company doesn't really want to have anything to do with us (meaning us "GA" or "Experimental") type folks. The like to focus on other markets. It's a shame that they willingly and moreover actually expend energy to avoid this market. We've installed a few of their units both intercoms & audio panels and like I said they are top notch. That being said, you wouldn't believe the hoops we had to jump through to get it done. So....I choose not to support a companies products that you have to "beg" for sales, support, etc... If they want you & me as a customer, they should be willing to take the money we want to throw at them....and they definately DON'T!

I'd stick with PSE. Great guys, great units, great support and you can be assured they'll be happy to have you as a customer.

Just my 2 cents as usual!

Cheers,
Stein.

I need to second what Stein says about PSE. I have dealt with them on a few occasions where we needed to actually modify their products slightly for unique applications. Each time they bent over backwards to help. Great customer support.

DRE

You can try the DRE 244e. I don't know what happened to their web site? May be a ghost or goblin got them? However if they are available, they are highly rated by consumer report. Happy Halloween

PS I concur NAT is top notch but not keen on GA business.

Last edited:
Back