What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

10/29 Lunch fly-out

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
Scorch and I are flying our RVs over to Hicks (T67) at 1100 for lunch if anyone wants to join. We want to check out the newly resurfaced runway.

Restaurant centered in this sat image. Good forecast for sitting at the outside patio.

dr

Last edited:
DeltaRomeo said:
Scorch and I are flying our RVs over to Hicks (T67) at 1100 for lunch if anyone wants to join. We want to check out the newly resurfaced runway.

Restaurant centered in this sat image. Good forecast for sitting at the outside patio.

dr
Great! See you there and I'll bring Jellybean.

(and that's 1100 CST, right? DST ends in .... a few hours ;) )

Last edited:
And a good time was had by all

The new runway at Hicks is indeed nice. Hope I didn't scare anyone with the takeoff - it gets bumpy in that light little airplane when the winds are high. Nice to meet up with everyone.

The group
sunday_flyers.jpg

Doug splurges for pie for the group and has some himself
pie_please.jpg

I went by the ADS tower after to visit - hadn't seen a Class D tower before and wanted to ask the controllers how to make things easier for everyone. Saw a nice RV land while I was there ;)

This is their new radar repeater display.
ADS_Radar.jpg

So what is goifn through Dr. Don's mind as he watches Doug eat that pie....

"I tell these guys, you've got to watch your cholesterol!!!"

or

"Dang, I wish I had got a piece of that...."

BTW - Thanks for the pie Doug!

Paul

Pie flash.

Ironflight said:
So what is goifn through Dr. Don's mind as he watches Doug eat that pie....
"I tell these guys, you've got to watch your cholesterol!!!"
or
"Dang, I wish I had got a piece of that...."
BTW - Thanks for the pie Doug!
Paul
When I saw that flash go off as I was taking a bite, the thought went through my mind, "this will not be a flattering picture <g>".

Good seeing you again 'other' DR, and Paul, and Don, and Chris, and Bill.

Last edited:
Back