What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone in the Menominee, MI (MNM) area?

Anyone here in the NE WI or UP MI area? I'm new to the Menominee (MNM) area and was looking to network with others in teh area. Thinking about building an RV-7 someday, woudl be nice to see other RV's up close. I manage to get to EAA event and have toured Vans Aircraft in Aurora, OR, even bought the plan kit! (It's okay to dream, right?!)

Anyway, let me know if there are others in this neck of the woods...

Traci
:eek:

Traci:

I have my 6A based at MNM. Just now finishing up my phase I testing. If you would like to have a look at it sometime, let me know.

We also have a very active EAA chapter if you would be interested in attending some meetings.

Good to have you in the area!

Regards,

Traci,

I am in Appleton. RV-7A working on the wings. Welcome to stop in and check it out.

Painless, you have got to be getting close :p

Will Womack said:
Traci,

I am in Appleton. RV-7A working on the wings. Welcome to stop in and check it out.

Painless, you have got to be getting close :p

Hi Will........Yeah.....FINALLY!

MNM

Traci

I am in Morris IL, but have a cottage near Iron Mountain, IMT. During the summer months I fly back and forth as often as I can. I would be happy to stop by MNM some time. Stay in touch.

painless said:
Traci:

I have my 6A based at MNM. Just now finishing up my phase I testing. If you would like to have a look at it sometime, let me know.

We also have a very active EAA chapter if you would be interested in attending some meetings.

Good to have you in the area!

Regards,

Hi Jeff,

Just saw these responses and was suprised to see someone so close to me! I have seen and RV doing the local pattern from where I live out by John Henes park, could that have been you? :confused:

So what is the schedule on these EAA meetings? I have been traveling a lot for business, so my availability here is hit/miss. If I know the schedule, I can try and plan my business stuff around these meetings. :cool:

Are any of these other MNM / EAA folks building RV's? Did you build up there at one of the hangars or back at home? Dare I ask how long it took? :rolleyes:

Well, if I can get to one of the next EAA meetings, I will probably have a chance to meet you and teh other local EAA'ers. Most times I drive to MNM, the place looks liek a ghost town compared to FBO's back in the Seattle area where I just moved from.

Please let me know about the EAA meeting schedule...

Thanks!
:)

Traci

Hi Traci:

If the RV you saw was a buck-nekked 6A, then that was me. Hope I didn't scare you! :D

Our EAA chapter has been meeting twice/week over the summer, but now we have suspended meetings since things are winding down. There is supposed to be a fly-out to Eagle River on Saturday, the 4th. Not sure if I am making the trip. Have a couple hours to get done in Phase 1 testing, but we will see. We also have a pancake breakfast planned for just our members, but I don't think there has been a solid date set. I will let you know via email once I find out.

I started my project in my former house's basement and built the emp and wing kits there. Then moved into the new house and built the fuse there. Completed assembly in my hangar at MNM. Took me 10 years to build due to having 4 kids living in my house that keep calling me Dad.

MNM can be pretty quiet. We (the EAA chapter) have been working to change that. There is still hope for the place.

I will shoot you an email once I learn more about the EAA schedule.

Regards,

painless said:
Hi Traci:

If the RV you saw was a buck-nekked 6A, then that was me. Hope I didn't scare you! :D

Our EAA chapter has been meeting twice/week over the summer, but now we have suspended meetings since things are winding down. There is supposed to be a fly-out to Eagle River on Saturday, the 4th. Not sure if I am making the trip. Have a couple hours to get done in Phase 1 testing, but we will see. We also have a pancake breakfast planned for just our members, but I don't think there has been a solid date set. I will let you know via email once I find out.

I started my project in my former house's basement and built the emp and wing kits there. Then moved into the new house and built the fuse there. Completed assembly in my hangar at MNM. Took me 10 years to build due to having 4 kids living in my house that keep calling me Dad.

MNM can be pretty quiet. We (the EAA chapter) have been working to change that. There is still hope for the place.

I will shoot you an email once I learn more about the EAA schedule.

Regards,

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the info and on keeping me posted on next MNM EAA meeting. I figured winter activities might go dormant. There is something to be said for empty airfields. I'm used to sharing the pattern with 6 other planes and at least that number taxiing around on the ground. :confused:

2 years ago, I almost had a head-on during a twilight take-off at a Seattle area FBO. I was taxing out to the active after my run up. I had my lights on, unicom dialed in and working, nose facing onto the head wind. Just as I went full power and started my acceleration, I could see a faint, shadowy image coming down the runway towards me, no lights, never communicated intentions, etc... I pulled off my throttle, added brakes and turned off 1st taxiway, just in time to see a brand new "Quikie" that was doing high speed taxi testing. Seems he didn't have electrical systems in and was too broke from his "Quickie" build to afford a handheld transceiver. Ironically, I ran into the same guy at the Post Office months later, he saw my EAA jacket and bragged about his "Quickie" he just built. I thanked him for nearly killing us both! :eek:

Anyway, keep me posted on the next MNM EAA meeting. Next time I see a bright shiny, unpainted UFO buzzing my neigborhood, I'll wave!
:cool:
-Traci

atw

get down and check out will's wings. keep the pressure on him to keep the project moving forward!!!

You just better concentrate on finishing up that fuse James :p

I do have both wings in the jigs now though and am truckin away :D

In The U P

Hi Guys, I'm not much on typing E-mail and I just checked this area of the board for the first time. But I'm in the U P at Gladstone , just north of Escanaba. I'm building an RV-9A. Tail is done, wings done, fuselage about 90%. Anyone who is interested can come by and check things out. I'm always glad to show off my project. I work swing shift at the local papermill so I'm not always home, but things can be set up.

Andy Waidner (Grumpy)

Hi Andy:

Good to hear there is another RV'er in the area! My test Phase I area includes ESC, so I have been up terrorizing your area quite often lately. ;)

If you ever need help with anything, give me a holler.

Regards,

Hi Jeff:

So far the project is going really good. I've had Dave Vandenberg from NMU helping me with the engine and anything else. With any luck I should be in the air next summer.

Sounds great Andy. Dave was my DAR for my inspection last March. Say Hi to him for me next time you see him.

Regards,

Back