What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stratus ADS-B antenna connector

rvator51

Well Known Member
Iwant to run a cable between the Stratus 2 ADS-B receiver and a delta pop ADS-B antenna. I lost my reference to what connector to use for the stratus. Does anyone know where I could buy a cable that works?

You can use Cross RF to fabricate a RG-400 cable assembly with any connector you need. Although you can make it for a lot cheaper, since the run is short, it doesn't cost that much.

:cool:

Last edited:
Thanks, the Cross RF looks like a great site. It looks like the connector that needs to plug into the Stratus is a Hirose MS-151-C-LP. That site doesnt carry the Hirose connector. Found a cable in Europe that has the Hirose connector on one end and a SMA connector on the other. So would need to adapt from SMA to BNC. By the way, the Sportys Pilot shop is showing a back-order on the remote antennas for the Stratus until mid-December so that isnt an option for quick delivery either.

Last edited:
It looks like a "special" antenna cable so you can't just get a cable for it. If you have the "special" cable then you might try getting an adapter so you can connect it to a Delta-Pop antenna. It looks like you need an SMA Male to BNC Male (#4407) or SMA Female to BNC Male (#0853) on the page.

Good luck.

:cool:

Last edited:
Another option is to purchase the Stratus extension cable from Sporty?s and use a FME to BNC adapter to the external antenna.

If you want to roll your own (I did), buy this connector from Mouser (about $17 when I bought it):
798-MS-151-C(LP)
MFG Part No:MS-151-C(LP)

It's fussy to solder so pull out your near-field specs and turn the temp down on your iron just a bit. I made my own portable ADS-B stratus antenna as well but I have a blade from Delta Pop for when I finally get around to cutting another hole in the belly of the RV-6.

Back