What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

overall tools info

For all your air drills, I can't believe you don't have a 45deg. angle drill :)

Seriously, I picked up a used-but-good-condition 45deg angle drill and it's been more useful than I thought it would be. It's got a great teasing trigger, and so it's been used for both drilling and deburring in hard-to-reach places.

Brian,
Karla is right, you are a tool junkie. However, I did notice some useful stuff.....

I was going to comment on the lack of a cleco gun, but I saw you had one. Mine is from Avery and I absolutely love it. I used to rave about my pneumatic squeezer, but the pneumatic cleco gun is more important to me.

I noticed your comment on dimple dies from Avery on polish, etc. I broke my one and only 3/32 d.d. in the middle of the HS skins. Luckily, Aircraft Spruce is five minutes away. The new ones (bought two) look really good; time will tell. There just actually might be a quality issue with these little fellows.

As you can tell, I used Avery for my tool kit. I'll admit they are prompt and stand behind their products. The lady you mentioned on the phone was great to me. The only thing I'd change in their tool kit (besides adding a pneumatic cleco gun) is some additional drill bit sizes. For instance, the very first time I had to use a drill bit on my RV-10 was for a 1/8". None was included, but I decided to try the #40 - what could happen? I have since stocked up on lots of "slightly smaller" bits.

John

Back