What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EAA Chapter 168 10/7/06

chrispratt

Well Known Member
I joined EAA Chapter 168 members for a lunch fly-in at Graham (RPH) Texas on Saturday. Great barbeque, low price at a little place right across the fence from where we parked. I can't remember the name but you can't miss it, just ask at the FBO.

I counted ten aircraft in attendance including Michael Stephen's RV-8 (see pic), Don Christiansen's R-8, Marvin Brott's RV-8, and Mel and Ann Asberry's RV-6 (come on Mel build an -8 so we'll all have the same model).

michaelstephanrv8iz1.jpg

Also present was this mystery ship. Anyone want to guess what it is? (Hint: it's the only one of its kind.)

fairchildxnq1my4.jpg

Chris

I Know! I Know! I Know!

I guess it wouldn't count since I was there. Hint... Manufacturer's name starts with "F".
BTW Chris, how many of these -8s were built before my -6?..... I thought so. Come to think of it there were NO -8s built before my -6.
YOU guys are the ones out of step.

Mystery Ship

I know it's a Fairchild but don't remember the exact designation but I do know the pilot, Don Pellegreno out of Fairview, TX. :)

And the winner is...

mrreddick said:
I know it's a Fairchild but don't remember the exact designation but I do know the pilot, Don Pellegreno out of Fairview, TX. :)

Very good Mike. It's a Fairchild XNQ-1. It was offered to the Navy as a trainer. Apparently didn't make the cut. I had never seen or heard of one before Saturday. Does look like a cross between a North American T-6 and some earlier Fairchild's. I believe it took Don about ten years to restore.

Chris

Last edited:
Back