What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My two 7's together for the first time, and phase 1 complete! And first pax-flight.

ao.frog

Well Known Member
A few days ago, our second -7, "Kermit" got the final approval from "Luftfartstilsynet" (equialent to FAA) YEESSS!!!!

Background: first I had completed phase 1, submitted the results from the testperiod, and the final inspection went fine, so Wednesday this week I got the long awaited "Special Certificate for Airworthiness".
Now, Kermit is finally ready for new adventures!

The first task was to fly the very first passenger: one of the guys on my 5 (!) man building team who really have been working hard with the RV during the last few months; Arne Ingvaldsen. (retired avionics tech from the Norwegian AF)

6j1wy1.jpg

He was flying most of the trip, enjoying it all:

2nh25ms.jpg

5xwlv.jpg

Then it was time to let Kermit get into his new home for the first time.
Up until now, my first -7, "Wilco" has been parked there, but now it was time to switch.
First the two of them together:

n69y6p.jpg

9tg6s8.jpg

2mdmglg.jpg

Then it was time to get Kermit into his new home:

25p21yq.jpg

Easy does it....

30hvlp1.jpg

Parked and WELCOME HOME Kermit!

ambm6c.jpg

Hopefully, Kermit, the wifey and me will have many happy years together in the future.

2hgy8i1.jpg

"Wilco" is now in another hangar where he'll be while I perform annual the next couple of weeks.
He is still for sale and here's a link to the ad here on the forum:

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=114327

Hopefully, I'll get a chance to get some nice 2-ship airborne-pics of them soon. (First, I just need to find a PIC whom I trust enough... hehe...)

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more with Bob - the smile says it all!

Quick question... What type of material is installed inside your hangar? Looks like white cloth and does a great job of diffusing the sunlight. I'm sure it also does a great job of keeping condensation droplets from causing rain inside the hangar.

Thanks for the nice comments guys! Yes, I'm a very happy camper these days...:D

Mark: the white cloth on the inside of the roof is a couple of tarpaulins made of plastic.

Their primary job is to keep the condensation away from then plane as you mention. And yes, they diffuse the sunlight very good as well.

The reason they are so bulgy, is because they are nailed to the wooden "longerons" which is going horizontally along the roof and sides of the hangar.
In beetween the nails, the tarpaulins are just hanging down.
That way, they form a natural path for the condensation to follow down to the sides of the hangar.

Thanks for the explanation, Alf. Those tarpaulins give the hangar a very "Lawrence of Arabia" look. Now we just have to work on your personal wardrobe so it completes the scene! :)

Back