What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cleveland Squeezer - Heads Up

Fearless

Well Known Member
Make sure you read the instructions for the throw on the Main Squeeze from Cleveland. I was setting AD3-4 rivets on the rear spar on my horizontal stabilizer and over extended the throw on the handles which broke my squeezer. I was using two flat rivet sets which caused the setting to go beyond the 1" - 1 1/8 " that the instuctions says not to go past on the rod setting. I read the instructions when I first got the tool back in April but never checked them afterwards. When dimpling you are OK because the dies won't exceed the distance. Now its going to cost me $35.00 to get it fixed at Cleveland plus freight to and from. I'm trying to work on other components while its at Cleveland but this has been a real inconvienence - admittedly self inflicted.

Update Note

I talked with Mike at Cleveland and he told me that I wouldn't have to pay to have the squeezer repaired. The damage wasn't to the rod from over extension. He thought that it wasn't assembled exactly right which helped caused the failure. I was so happy I spent more money with them.

They stil have 3/32 and 1/8 clecos on sale for .32 a piece in batches of 100.

Back