What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel System Design Considerations

whifof100ll

Well Known Member
I dug this post up off the Matronics website. http://www.matronics.com/photoshare/[email protected]/

Anybody have a fuel system like this? The guy who originally posted this apparently has changed his e-mail address. I wanted to ask him how he likes it.

It appeals to me since the fuel pump can be serviced outside of the cockpit. I also like the fact that fuel pump and gascollator are in a cool place. Just a touch more expensive since there are 2 gascollators.

Looks like a good autofuel application.

Would the high flow rate pump fit under the wing root? Has anybody done this?

Regards,
Dale
RV-6 finishing kit

Yes I do

I have a high pressure FI pump, pressure relief valve, filter and associated plumbing in each wingroot.

My IO360 does not have a mechanical fuel pump and I switch tanks by switching pumps.

I do not have a selector valve, I just plumbed the standard Vans selector as a simple on/off valve which is never turned off except prior to an engine out landing.

The FI pumps are MUCH bigger than the low pressure Facet style pump.

It did require a flop tube in each tank for spacing...Oh gee guess I'll have to do -ve G aerobatics now...:)

Frank

motivation

was specifically for the use of autofuel after I finish breaking in the motor.

Frank

Back