What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Float settings

rv9aviator

Well Known Member
I installed one of the floats in my left tank and need some advice. The float is supposed to be adjusted to within 1/8 of an inch from the bottom of the tank at full travel down. I made the bends per the dimensions shown on the instructions and the float rests about 1/4 of an inch from the bottom. It stops short on the up travel too. There is about 3/8 inch space between the float and the tank on the up travel. The only good way to get the proper travel is to order a new float wire and add 1/8 inch to each measurement. I'm thinking about simply setting the other float exactly the same way so they will read the same. At least this way when it shows empty I will still have a little fuel left. It will probably show full for a while before it moves too. I fly by time anyway and not by what the gages say. I use them for comparison to the amount of time flown mostly. Any constructive input would be welcome.
Thanks
Jim Wright RV-9A wings Arkansas 90919

Jim,
thats about how mine ended up, and I am Happy with them.
the float will set down a little in the fuel any way.
the way the tank are they will not be linear any way.
Frank K 90989
fuse arriving tomorrow!

Back