What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine shops in Los Angeles?

conlimon

Well Known Member
hey all -
Does anyone have any suggestions for a quality aircraft engine shop in the Los Angeles area? i'm pricing out new engines vs. overhauls, and shipping definitely adds to cost and complexity.

any help would be appreciated!
thanks!

cj
fuse

One Stop Aviation Inc. - Oceanside, CA

When you are talking about engines I would consider a fairly large radius of possibilities. When I ruined my new engine due to an oil line only hand tightened (by me) I dismounted the engine, put it on the back of my truck and drove from Chino to Oceanside and turned it over to One Stop Aviation there to fix. After a couple of years, two AirVenture Cup races, and over 200 hours on the rebuild with a new crankshaft, bearings and rods it runs well and the compression of all cylinders were in the mid to high 70s/80. In dealing with the people there I was satisfied with the person to person communication and treatment. That's all I can tell you for sure. They were at 1119 S. Cleveland Street, Oceanside, CA 92054, 760-721-1389. I had unsatisfactory experience with cylinders provided by other shops in Orange and Riverside counties for my previous airplane but every thing I got from One Stop Aviation was good.

Bob Axsom

Lycon

CJ,

A 3 hour drive North to Visalia might be worth it to get to Lycon...

They have built engines for RVs to all states of tune for the Bakersfield Bunch since the 1980's...

gil in Tucson

I've have good luck with Corona Cylinder - they were very competitive price wise and I have about 100 hours on my O-540 in my cherokee with no problems.

Even in Los Angeles (Chino), it was cheaper for me to order my IO-360 from AeroSport Power located in BC, Canada. Even with shipping, it was less expensive than any US-based engine shop...and I believe the quality is superior to boot. http://www.aerosportpower.com Worth checking into.

Check out Tim's Aircraft Engines in Long Beach if price is a high consideration. We got an overhaul for our O-360 A1A for 11,500. Seemed pretty reasonable. Performance Engines in La Verne (Brackett) has a good reputation for building... performance engines, Reno type stuff. Anyhow, I like Tim's myself.

Engine Shop

I have a friend who used a place in Redding called Eagle engine to get a Superior engine and they delivered it at no charge, dont know if you like the Superior engine's or not but it is another shop to look at.

Tim Is a great guy i have know him for 20 years
osxuser said:
Check out Tim's Aircraft Engines in Long Beach if price is a high consideration. We got an overhaul for our O-360 A1A for 11,500. Seemed pretty reasonable. Performance Engines in La Verne (Brackett) has a good reputation for building... performance engines, Reno type stuff. Anyhow, I like Tim's myself.
:D

Back