What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel shortage S. Fla

777Dave

Well Known Member
Got this message from the people at FMY today. Hope its a temporary situation.

We have been informed by our fuel supplier, Avfuel, that there is no Avgas currently available in the state of Florida. The Tampa terminal is down for maintenance and the Port Everglades terminal is out of Avgas due to a refinery shortage of tetraethyl lead.

Until the issues are resolved and back to normal in Florida, we will be receiving our Avgas from Texas. We anticipate a premium of nearly $0.40 per gallon to be tacked on just to cover the additional transportation costs. This, combined with a market increase this week of $0.18 due to the shortage, will make for a fairly steep increase in our prices beginning shortly. You should not see the full $0.58 increase initially since we use average cost of inventory on hand for pricing.

We strive to keep our prices as low as possible and regret any hardship this may cause. We will continue to monitor the supply issue and market conditions closely and inform you when it looks like things may return to "normal".

Please feel free to contact me with any questions at [email protected] or at 239-590-6603.

Regards,

Scott
Scott C. Sheets
Sr. Manager, General Aviation
Page Field (FMY)
239-590-6603

Wow. I haven't heard about it.
I'm about 135sm north of FMY at KBKV, the top of the Tampa Class B outer ring.

We're having a price war between the two FBOs.
Ever since our self serve went live again, the other FBO is trying to match their price. Currently $4.64 and $4.65

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KBKV

shortage

Can't help but wonder if this situation will spread... FMY is normally the cheapest down here. Time will tell huh?

Back