What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Open Leg?

NavyIBNFE

Hello RV'rs,
It's about time I make another entry in here!

Just recently got a go-home date from this deployment- and hopefully ill actually stick around home a little linger this time. looking to be home Mid December.

What Im curious about is, with ALL the RV'rs in the Pacific NW, there has got to be someone who is itching to have a competent and qualified co-pilot, co-owner, or "borrower" to help offset the cost of flying. Maybe not some of the retired guys who have built the $120k area RV-10, but there has got to be a few used RV-6 owners out there who would like some company and cost offsets.

I know insurance gets finicky with the Open Pilot clause, but if there is anyone out there looking to get a partner in their airplane I am in the market and open to the idea. Or, simply just some one who wants to fly A LOT, but hates paying for gas. Thats where I come in. I just am not in a situation to buy a flying RV because I may move again in 3 years and don't really want to worry about relocation of a house AND airplane... and all my other toys ;)

I have seen many threads on the forums from guys looking for something similar. So I figured I would give it a blind shot in the NW.

I do have RV transition training from Mr Seager, I have about 7 hours, so enough for insurance, but I would like as much more time as I can find. Especially in the TWs. "A" models are cake! ;)
I am also high power and complex endorsed, have around 100 hours in the last 2 years and a multi qual. Also about 2,000 FE hours, for what its worth.
I am single, and therefore get to keep a lot of my paycheck. The government pays well. I would like to keep my money in the RV community and NOT with the local thieves renting 50 year old airplanes in NW WA. :mad:

So, if anyone has any insight or knows a guy who knows a guy, drop a line. I am all ears.

I have flown with a few builders who have very kindly shared a lot of knowledge and time, but the ideal candidate would be another younger, probably single, newer pilot like myself who loves to fly, but hates the bank. I would be happy to share the RV grin and split some costs.
My schedule is fairly good at home, and I shouldn't deploy for a whole year this time after Christmas.

Thanks for your time!
Jake

Back