What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Love's Landing Fly-in

i flew down from NY in my new RV7 last week. will be here in venice until jan. plane is at vnc. been flying with some locals and having a good time. i would like to follow someone from vnc to loves landing. please call 315 569 2303 or941 786 1111 fred

Get there early for the donuts.
And so you don't have to park way down the runway; not that it's a huge deal, but it can make for a long back taxi during the mass exodus. Looking forward to showing up in a RV again.

Last edited:
Is this event open to all EAA members even if you choose to drive over instead of fly? Thanks.

Didn't know about this. I'll try to make it in either the -9A or the -10. Are there any more details anywhere online?

Looking forward to this one.
It looks like I will make it in the new nine.
A chance of rain that day, I hope they don't have to move it to Sunday the rain day.
2r607et.jpg

ill be headed up early in the morning. will post here if i hear of any change of event to sunday because of wx. :)

11/2/13 Love?s Landing Annual BBQ Lunch Fly-in, EAA Chapter 1236. (From donuts and coffee at 9:00 , BBQ pork, hamburgers, hot dogs, numerous sides, drinks, and desserts at Noon. ) Donation $10.00 each).

http://skyvector.com/airport/97FL/Love-Field-Airport

Just wondering??

Turbo,
7AM Sat. Weather looks very?? Tstorms for AM, have you any news of rescheduling for Sun?? Sure hate to miss it.
Dick

Still on

I spoke to friend at Loves and people that run fly in say its still on
They believe storms will be through in a bit and should be good later for lubch

Radar looks bad, going to have to cancel, don,t want to get into the rain.
Next weekend Winter Haven Fly in, hope it is better weather.
Dick

FSS sad stay home (venice) mostly IFR tampa and north
t storms rain etc hope they reschedule

There was 5planes and a ton of drive ins today. About two hundred people servred. I braved the imc wx and filed to leesburg with a Vfr flight to loves, about 10 miles north.

Just got an email from Ollie and they will be serving again tomorrow. Enjoy the left overs and sunny wx. I am camped out at st Pete hotel with kim and the fl aero club. Time to see her kids and gkids. The desserts were first rate. :cool:

Ollie said it is hard to cancel the event due to the many drive in folks. Unable to notify them of a cancelation. It was sad to only see a few planes. Enjoy tomorrow.

We got rained out today. Will come in with a group of slow planes (Lake Flight) before noon tomorrow.

I got an email from Ollie as others have stated, it's on for tomorrow(Sunday)
I can't make it but hope to get to WinterHaven next Saturday.

Myra and I hope to make it today. See ya'll there. If not, we'll be at Winterhaven for the 12th anniversary of our meeting one another. The years fly as fast as Rv's!
Woodman

Last edited:
Winter Haven FL (KGIF) is hosting it's annual fly in Sat. Nov. 9th.
Coffee and dougnuts early arrivals, lunch $5.00 donation, lots good food,
Lots of RV's and others.
See you there.
Dick

Arrived at Loves Landing around noon in a flight of five airplanes: Great Lake, RV9A, Stinson, Cherokee, and Lynx. Parked all the way down.

IMG_20131103_115736_670.jpg

IMG_20131103_120012_643.jpg

Pretty good turn out for a second day after a rain day. It was very good of Ollie and EAA Chapter 1236 to put this on for the second day.
Somebody counted over 80 planes Sunday with perfect weather. Sorry only took one phone picture.
169jhjr.jpg

Back