What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cross Border Papers

RV9798

Well Known Member
What do you need to cross from Canada to the US...I mean the paper work for the plane? When I had the 172, a C of A. C of R and insurance. How about an experimental like the RV9?

Pete (Itching to go places)

Thanks

Thanks for the enlightment.

I will fly to Belingham this friday/saturday for a DECAL....we call it sticker in Canada.

Pete :p

Pete:

I'm sorry, you have violated rule V346.789, paragraph 10 of the VARs (Vans Airforce Regulations).

"V346.789:
10. New builders, after first flight of their aircraft, shall post photos and provide appropriate links for viewing on the Vans Airforce Website."

Unless you post several pictures of your aircraft for peer review, no one will believe that you are actually flying.

I here that an alternate method of compliance is to publically display your aircraft... at a local fly-in or Van's Homecoming. Then someone else can take pictures and post them.

Hope to see you at Van's on Saturday,
Vern :)

OK Here is the pROOf

Vern,

I am a law abiding VAF member and like to keep it that way. Please, please don't suspend me...so sorry.. I actually don't have a picture that shows the outside of the plane with me in it. I do have a picture me flying the left seat (Check the call sign C-FGXA). I hope it is acceptable....You can take one "legal" pix at the Vans home coming this weekend if you must..

Here it is.....I did not have time to shave.....need to fly off those hours!!!

firstflghtaug003cg7.jpg
This is over Vancouver Island between Sooke and Ladysmith...Yeah reall Canadian Names eh...

Look at the strain on my face flying the RV.....Such a chore......

Pete :p

Last edited:
Back