What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flight Training near Stanley, NS?

Snowflake

Sidney, BC, Canada
Sponsor
I know this is only peripherally related to RV's... But I have a cousin-in-law who got married and moved to Nova Scotia, and now lives about 10 minutes from Stanley. Last week while he was visiting we got to talking about flying, but it was the night before his flight back to NS so I didn't get a chance to take him for a ride. Also, he's 6'3" and 220lb (former Olympic water polo player) so I kind of wondered if he'd fit in the -6 or not.

He likes the idea of flying as a hobby, the ability to travel around the province and the east coast does sound pretty cool. I suggested he head over to the local airport and look for a flying school, and tell them he wanted to take an introductory flight. Best to try it at least, and it'll be cheap.

Stanley is closest, but I can't find anything online that suggests that there's a school there... Lots about its history as a training field during the war, but not now... Does anyone know of a flying school near there that I could direct him to?

We don't have a school at Stanley. His closest bet for training is Waterville which may be closing due to the expansion of the tire plant beside it. Probably the best option is the Debert Flight Training Center, It's an hour or so drive from Stanley.

Tell him to come by Stanley some time or PM me and I'll give you my number and we can set a time to meet there.

Back