What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT andTrutrak questions--trim and auto positioning

mark manda

Well Known Member
anybody using the trim indicators inside the GRT dual Horizon's? any picts out there? I need to order our Ray Allen stuff and I'm thinking of NOT getting the indicators.

GRT-- I heard that our dual horizons and EIS stuff shipped yesterday! (really glad we borrowed dummy screens to go ahead with the panel design a month or two ago)

Trutrak--Anybody using their Pitch Auto levelling system? we're going to order it. there appears to only be one person in the company that knows much about it-- and it's not avail for a month.

mark manda said:
anybody using the trim indicators inside the GRT dual Horizon's? any picts out there? I need to order our Ray Allen stuff and I'm thinking of NOT getting the indicators.
I've seen it on a friend's new 7A, looked good, no need for the separate indicators, although they with the kit from Van's. Pete

mark manda said:
Trutrak--Anybody using their Pitch Auto levelling system? we're going to order it. there appears to only be one person in the company that knows much about it-- and it's not avail for a month.
Are you talking about their Automatic Pitch Trim, or is this something new? I've got the automatic pitch trim, I just can't get them to tell me how to install it.

PJ
RV-10 #40032

pj-- auto pitch trim sounds better-- nothing new but new to us.

the blue prints where confusing-- Motor one Motor two-- i understand those are the two white wires coming off the Ray Allen and then you splice into them.

And Switch one Switch two-- if you fire it up and it's backwards-- there's a switch on the box; that reverses it's operation.

sound about right? and they supply the wiring harness too.

I got the wiring figured out, I can't figure out how to install the link sensor. Instructions say it replaces the pushrod, but the sensor they sent me only has a rod end on one end, so either I'm missing part of it, or I need a picture.

I didn't get a wiring harness...I guess that depends on who you order it through?

I've sent them an email, but no response yet.

PJ
RV-10 #40032

Back