What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FBO Recommendations ABQ

DSmith

Well Known Member
Patron
We may be flying into Albuquerque, NM in early September. What recommendations do you have for leaving my RV-7A there for a week or so while attending a meeting and sightseeing in the area?

ABQ

You'll want to stay at KAEG Double Eagle II Airport, NW of ABQ. Look them up and give em a call.

While your there if you want a great breakfast, You'll have to go by Murphy's Mule Barn: http://tinyurl.com/lyduuc5

I always landed at the big airport and tied down in Cutter's westside tiedowns

I haven't been there in a while but everything was so convenient I liked it, motels restaurants, rental cars and if it was just an overnight they would take you to the motels and pick you up. Things may have changed though, you need to check first.

Just overnighted at AEG last Monday. The FBO is Bode Air, nice folks, gas is $6.44 SS and $6.69 FS. They waived the $25 hangar fee becaused I filled up FS, 17 gallons. They have a crew car, first come first served, that you can keep overnight. Lots of motels on west side of Abq just off I40. They also have a deal with a downtown motel, older but clean and $59, two blocks from "old town" that will pickup and deliver at the airport and "old town". Dan

Back