What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Martha's Vineyard PIREP ?

pa38112

Well Known Member
My wife and I are going up to Martha's Vineyard in a couple of weeks. I was wondering how Katama (1B2) is in terms of runway condtion and sight seeing VS just flying into MVY ? Neither of us have ever been to the island, so any suggested things to do/see would be great. - It is just a 2 day trip.

I have never flown in to 1B2, so I cannot comment.

MVY is a nice GA friendly airport. There is a bus that runs between the airport and town, or you can get a taxi. The taxi price is a rip off, so if you don't mind riding the bus you will save a few bucks.

Last edited:
katama is jewel of a airport, food, beach access, deck overlookn the runway, you will love it. was there yesterday. give the bus transportation a buck and you can go anywhere on the island. if you want to park with the gulfstreams go to the big one. food there too. enjoy.:)

How are the runways....?

katama is jewel of a airport, food, beach access, deck overlookn the runway, you will love it. was there yesterday. give the bus transportation a buck and you can go anywhere on the island. if you want to park with the gulfstreams go to the big one. food there too. enjoy.:)

I used to fly into Katama regularly with my Citabria, but felt the runways were too rough for my -4. Now I fly to the big airport, but miss Katama...

Dean Pichon
Bolton, MA

Back