What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

USA to Australia freight shipping tips

Rob Rickards

Hi all RV builders in Oz.
Looking for any good tips re shipping from Vans. Other threads are a bit dated.
Please advise. I have a finish kit on order and later will be needing an engine.
Will look up details of my QB and wings shipping last year and then post the costs once I get home.

Geo Bush

Hi Rob

I have used Geo bush to send all 4 of my kits to perth, wings and fuse was QB
and then again used them to ship my engine last year. They quotes were very competitive!

I would use them again, they (she) is very helpful and hassle free, I never used a agent to do any of my customs either.

Here is her details

Joyce Lam
Account Manager
Geo. S. Bush & Co., Inc.
600 NW Naito Parkway, Suite #200
Portland, OR 97209
Phone: 503-273-1261
Fax: 503-294-0432
E-mail: [email protected]

AJ
"never used a agent to do any of my customs either"

I didn't know you could do your own customs clearance.
How do you do it without Customs Agent?
John

I got a couple of quotes initially for the first RV12 shipment (emp, wings and fuselage), but ended up letting Barb at Vans arrange the shipping for that and all the subsequent kits. They were all shipped by Geo Bush. Barb is great to deal with and I thought the shipping costs were competitive. She (and Joyce Lam) were also very helpful when I had to lodge a claim because one crate was damaged (by the guy who unloaded the truck at my place).

Hi guys, I know this thread is a little old but I am updating it anyway as someone asked me about a Vans kit and I realised we hadn't shipped any for some time now.

On average in 2013 we shipped a 40'container out of the USA every 5 days!

We ARE the cheapest and if our initial quote is not cheaper, we will make it so.

We are based very close to Vans and therefore reduce your overall transport.

Vans will quote you and often they quote a 20' that may be half full.

We ship anything that is legal and our minimum charge is $100 (including AUS Customs and AQIS clearances).

We have shipped goods for many members on here and have always been true to our quotes. As our business grows our delivery times reduce. We look forward to being of further service to the Vans community.

Cheers!

Back