What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PS Engineering and Sirius Satellite Radio

rv7boy

Forum Peruser
Has anyone else noticed the recent PS Engineering ads in the magazines? It seems they now offer a Sirius satellite receiver in one (maybe more) of their intercom systems. I recently became a subscriber to XM Satellite radio and absolutely love it. Although my RV isn't flying yet, I have dreams of adding to my XM subscription the option of real time weather. To my knowledge, Sirius doesn't offer downlinked weather. It seems either PS knows something we don't (like maybe Sirius is going to offer weather data) or they have missed an opportunity (which I doubt). Obviously, either XM or Sirius music and other programming in the cockpit would be way cool. :) But the weather option would be a big plus.
I own a portable PS intercom I bought 10 years ago to use in rental aircraft without intercoms, and it still works great. I have also used panel mount PS intercoms and have been very impressed with their products.
Just wondering what's going on...? Can anyone shed any light on this?
Also, are any other intercom manufacturers offering either Sirius or XM Satellite receivers in their units?
Inquiring minds want to know...
Don Hull

Last edited:
We're installing a new PMA-8000 "SR", which is the new Sirius Radio version into a customers RV-10 panel shortly.

Currently, there are no other Audio panels or intercoms on the market that offer XM or Sirius sat radio.

I think PS ENG has no plans for Wx, as that's really far removed from their core business. They are in the business of aircraft audio excellence, and the sirius radio is a natural fit. It's a nice unit, with a nifty little remote about the size of credit card that comes with it. It's not cheap, but then who said this hobby was!?

FYI, I fly behind one of their CD player/Intercom combos in my RV6, and it's really a nice setup.

Cheers,
Stein.

Back