What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lyncrest info

gerrychuck

Well Known Member
Hi; I am hoping to fly my 6A into Lyncrest in mid-July for the Folk Festival and was looking for any local info or tips I can get. Curious as to whether those flying A models have any issues on the turf there; I have the whole set of Anti-Splat mods but haven't flown this plane off turf to date (lots of grass strip experience in my Cherokees, though). Hoping that Lyncrest would be a good starter strip for turf flying.

Also interested in what the situation is for tiedown or hangarage for itinerant aircraft; any guidance appreciated!

Gerry

lyncrest

Hi
I have not landed my RV there but in my old cessna it was nice.You might want to look at St. Andrews airport ,it has multiple runways and easy in and out.It might be closer to Birds Hill folk festival unless you have family near Lyncrest you should check out St.Andrews.
Tim 6A

St Andrews is definitely convenient to Birds Hill, all right! It certainly would be the logical choice in that regard, but our friends we are staying with live in St. Vital in SE Winnipeg, very close to Lyncrest, which made it seem like the obvious first choice. Thanks for the reply; St Andrews may wind up being the best solution at the end of the day.

Back