What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SW Jet Flex

Jim P

Well Known Member
I'm getting ready to do the interior painting using SW Jet Flex water based.

Has anyone used this and if so any hints?

1) HVLP nozzle size?
2) Thinning ratio?
3) Specs say use DI water, can I use distilled?
4) Any other tricks for using this?

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim

I used the std nozzle on the cheapie HF HVLP and it worked fine. I thinned 10% with distilled - worked fine. It is thick stuff, but pretty easy to work with. I shot a smooth coat and then turned the pressure way down to apply a "splatter" layer on top. Makes it easy to touch up (blend in) and gives the surface some texture.

I LOVE Jet Flex. Easy to spray and very durable. Standard 1.4 or 1.5 nozzle on cheap HVLP spray gun works well. When spraying it looks cheesy but after it dries it's nice and smooth. Clean up is simple with hot water and some amonia. Distiled water will be fine. Make sure it's room temperature before mixing. One of those little paint mixers you put on your drill motor is nice to have.

Last edited:
One more question...

Thanks guys. Forgot one more question, what pressure at the gun are/ did you use?

Thanks,

Jim

I couldn't answer that question. I've been painting for so long I just set my gun by sound and what the spray pattern looks like. For Jet Flex you don't need to crank it up.

Last edited:
Back