What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Deluxe RV-8 Glareshield?

Rhino889

Well Known Member
I've seen over the years a photo of a glareshield like this for the RV8. Can anyone help me find this nice shield for the 8? I know all the sources for the 7,9,10... just cant find the single supplier that has it for the 8? I'd really prefer not to use the standard welt that is on most RV8s.

she needs a nice glareshield

Regards,

Scott

Last edited:
A guy I know had a champ and wanted something simple and light to cover the glareshield area. He made a pattern and gave it to a local auto upholstery place. They made him a simple cover out of black convertible top material, surged the edges and put a thicker roll along the aft edge. They sewed a half dozen or so velcro dots onto it for him. Looked nice, took under four hours including making the pattern and driving to the shop then back to the airport and the cost was under $100.

Glare Shield

Before I installed the wind sceen I layed up 3 plys of fiberglass cloth with West Epoxy over the top of the instrument panel .,After it cured it was removed and trimmed . It gave me the perfect curved piece to have covered in leather .
Tom

Back