What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ADS-B Coverage WY, CO, UT 2013

petehowell

Well Known Member
I'm interested in a recently updated coverage map and/or local experience with ADS-B weather for an upcoming trip out west.

Any help from my RV brothers in the area. Route will ne KTOR-KRWL-KVEL-KCNY at the end of the month.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Pete,

Here is the most recent official info.

The page is a little weird.

Make sure you let it load all the way and then click on the ADS-B, Advisory Services and En Route buttons...

http://www.faa.gov/nextgen/flashmap/

If you have that coverage, most likely you will have FIS-B available.

Also try the radio stations button. This shows em all.

So far I have been able to get strong signal out to over 100 miles from the station at normal RV buzzing around altitudes. I had like 10 stations at 9500ft last Saturday.

Last edited:
Thanks

Brian - I should have just sent you an email - you are always so up on this stuff. Thanks!

While the map may indicate it is current as of 4/2013, it is not. In MO. there are a couple of stations that have been operational since the begging of the year. I would suspect this could be the case everywhere.

Hey Pete, you are going just north of where we live. We are at KGWS - Glenwood Springs. Moab will be a great stop. Lots of stuff to do there. Have a great trip and if you have time, come on into KGWS.

I'd think a guy that likes red rock (pipestone) and petroglyphs would like Moab. Newspaper rock in the Needles is a good one. Airstrip nearby at Needles Outpost.

Yes!

That is the plan!! Andi has hikes and places to visit all mapped out.

Working on a details to stop at Dinosaur National Monument on the trip out. Heck we are going to fly right over it! Drop into Vernal for lunch, borrow the car, then on to Moab!

Back